Conference keynotes to literary readings, media appearances to casual groups, enrich your next event with public speaking that Informs, Inspires, & Engages. Need a little coaching for your own presentations? We can help with that too.
- Over 120 readings of published works, in person and on radio
- Keynote speaker at Kamloops Writers Conference, Shuswap Writers conference, Women of Excellence conference, Women Writers of the Desert event etc.
Keynote Speeches (Sampling)
- From Cave Walls to Computers
- Out of the Caves and Into the Village
- Stand & Deliver
- For Dr. Laura Louie at the World Health Organization assembly
- Numerous business clients and professionals
From cave walls to computers, humans have been sharing the stories of their lives. Everyone has a LifeStory worth telling and it’s never too late or too early to tell it. Whether it’s a whole-life autobiography, or slice-of-life memoir, for family and friends or the publishing world, our lives take on greater meaning as we contribute to a legacy of history, heritage, and understanding.
Before we had language we acted out our stories around ancient fires where we connected and identified and learned and were inspired. Where we spent the long dark nights lit by the passions of the storyteller, safe in the circle of the story. How we brought down the mastodon, how we birthed the baby. Simple daily lives not just the grande gestures of history makers. How we survived an illness, the best place to eat, a website, article, essay.
“I set my dial on CFRO Coop Radio 102.7 FM this past Sunday at 9pm and sat enthralled for the whole hour for your interview and readings. Congratulations! Another public appearance by the fabulous Sylvia Taylor on the Waxing Poetic radio show.” – Irene Butler author, travel writer