Website? Speech? Bio? Book? Advertorial? Report? Article? Newsletter? Portfolio? Let a Hired Pen write it for you, in your best words, your way.
- Literary memoir and expose of the BC commercial salmon industry, The Fisher Queen, published by Heritage House Publishing Group 2012.
- Over 400 newspaper and magazine articles in print
- Co-founder and principle writer for a community and business-based monthly publication since 2006
- Creative writing pieces in genre magazines and periodicals throughout North America
- Ghost-written full-length books for professionals in a variety of genres from financial management to personal development to gemology
- Over 120 readings of published works, in person and on radio
- Excerpt from The Fisher Queen in final shortlist for 2010 national CBC Literary awards – Non-fiction category
- Chief Writer & Editor, The New View – Surrey
- Chief Writer, SFU UniverCity Community Trust
- Writer, Instructor & Consultant, Professionals In Transition program
- Business writer, Eco Village Co-housing, Pacific Building Envelope Management Inc., Geeks On Time etc.
- Love In Bloom, Women Writers of the Desert Anthology
- Numerous articles and non-fiction short stories;Cloverdale Reporter News (newspaper and Christmas Book), Sistercycle, WordWorks (Fed. of BC Writers) Gardens West, Women Writers of the Desert Anthology (Arizona), SIWC writing competition anthologies, etc.
- Numerous commercial and commissioned pieces;Organic Recycling Technologies Inc., New Home Search magazine, Science World of BC, Helen Siemens (musician), Stenberg and Associates, etc.
I always knew I wanted to be a writer, a storyteller. It just grew naturally. As a young child, I was enchanted with the world of words and knew I could unlock doors to infinite worlds through reading and writing and telling stories. I was so impatient to hold the magic keys that I engaged my parents in a ‘follow-the- dots approach to learning how to print before going to school. I inherited a gift for storytelling that sprang from a deeply embedded, rich and diverse European cultural heritage.
Everything is a story: from the passion and vision of small business owners stepping forward on their website to a compelling memoir to a practical How-To. Human beings have been compelled to tell their stories. We’re hardwired for it.
If we see ourselves as Storytellers, everything we write is infused with that energy. Who knows where our writing will travel? Whose life it will touch and how.